We believe that the relationship between our team and our management teams is key to the success of our investments.
- Richard Facioni Founder and CEO
- Joel Deakin Investment Director
- Igor Neshcherov Investment Associate
- Eben Bowditch Managing Director, Corporate Development
- Felicity Veivers Financial Controller
- Kiara Filardi Executive Assistant to Richard Facioni
- Kate Lewarne Compliance Manager
Richard Facioni has over 25 years of experience in private equity, principal investment, investment banking, mergers and acquisitions, corporate advice and restructuring.
Prior to founding ACTA, Richard was Executive Director and Head of Private Equity at Alceon and a member of the Investment Committee.
During his time at Alceon, he originated and oversaw a number of investments including:
- – Noni B, Pretty Girl Fashion Group and Speciality Fashion Group (which collectively became Mosaic Brands (MOZ:AU));
- – SurfStitch and EziBuy (which became seed investments of the Alquemie Group);
- – Cheap as Chips Discount Stores;
- – Eptec (successfully exited through a secondary sale to Next Capital).
Previously, Richard was Managing Director of Silverfern Group, a global private equity origination and co-investment firm where he co-led the group’s activities in Australasia.
During 15 years with Macquarie Group, Richard held a number of senior roles including Head of Acquisition Finance and Head of Principal Transactions Group.
He was also a co-founder of Shearwater Capital Group, a private credit opportunities investment firm.
Richard is currently Chairman of the ASX-listed Mosaic Brands Limited (MOZ.AX) and Executive Chairman of Alquemie Group.
- Master of Business Administration from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours I) from the University of Sydney.
- Graduate Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
- Fellow of the Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FINSIA).
Joel brings a mix of commercial, operational and financial experience. Joel founded George & King, an omni-channel, multi-store retail business, that operated across Australia & New Zealand. Joel successfully exited the business through a trade sale in 2018. Prior to that, Joel held senior strategy and business development positions within Telstra’s Digital Media division and operated a boutique digital media agency.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Economics & Marketing) from the University of Wollongong.
Igor Neshcherov joined ACTA Capital in May 2021 as an Investment Analyst. Igor brings experience from his prior roles at Azure Capital and Deloitte where he advised a range of clients across mergers & acquisitions and capital raisings, particularly within consumer, infrastructure, industrials and technology sectors.
Prior to starting his career in financial advisory, Igor oversaw the financial audit of multinational clients as part of Deloitte’s Assurance & Advisory division.
- Bachelor of Commerce from Macquarie University
- Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting from Chartered Accountants ANZ
Eben Bowditch joined ACTA Capital in April 2023 to service investment partners and further develop funds and the firm’s capital base.
- Post Graduate Business Marketing from University of Technology, Sydney
- B.Bus Accounting & Finance from University of Technology, Sydney
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA designation)
- Fellow FINSEA
Felicity has over 20 years of financial experience including a number of senior roles at Ingles Group, Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific, SurfStitch and Aberdeen Asset Management.
Felicity is also Group Financial Controller of Alquemie Group, a managed investment of ACTA Capital.
- Bachelor of Business from Griffith University.
Kiara joined ACTA Capital in August 2022 as Executive Assistant to Richard Facioni.
Prior to joining ACTA, Kiara spent more than fourteen years with Commonwealth Bank Australia including as Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, Matt Comyn.
Kiara’s other experience includes senior EA roles at Built and BizPay.
Kate brings over 20 years’ experience across a range of business management roles, with an emphasis on strategy, financial management and compliance activities. With a focus on management reporting, Kate can effectively identify and articulate the commercial performance, operational insights and strategic implications of decisions and transactions.
- Bachelor of Commerce from University of New South Wales
- Master of Economics, Accounting and Finance from Macquarie University
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand